Reporting to the Board of directors, the Institute Principal will be
the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies,
regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are
supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the
approved curricula and mission of the Institute.
The jobholder will be responsible for Achievement of academic
excellence by working in collaboration and nurturing all members
of staff and communicating effectively with parents. The jobholder
will equally be responsible for scheduling, curriculum
development, extracurricular activities, people management,
emergency procedures, and facility operations.
NB. The job is based at Africa Film & TV Talent Training Institute,
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables.
1. Establish and promote high standards and expectations for
all students and staff for academic performance.
2. Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear
procedures for the operation and functioning of the Institute
consistent with its philosophy, mission, values and goals.
3. Responsible for formulation and Implementation of annual
master schedule for instructional programs, ensuring
sequential learning experiences for students, consistent with
the school’s philosophy, mission statement and instructional
4. Establish and promote high standards and expectations for
all students by ensuring the faculty offers education that is
practical/applied, problem-based, and student-centered.
5. Establish strong alignment with the industry to provide
incubation, mentorship, experiential training. Ensure
graduates are market ready, not only to take up employment
opportunities, but also set up enterprises and embark on the
route to be “creators and owners of wealth”.
6. Maintain positive, cooperative and mutually supportive
relationships with staff, parents while communicating with
the Board regularly about the needs, successes and general
operation of the Institute.
7. Maintain awareness and understanding of relevant
legislation and changes in the education sector and the
potential implications to the college.
1. Provide inspiring leadership ensuring that all staff are
working harmoniously in order to achieve the highest results
2. Ensure that the appropriate targets are set and agreed in
order to achieve the agreed short-term plans and that
performance against these targets are monitored and
3. Be an outstanding ambassador for the Institute promoting
and representing it at all levels.
4. Ensure that overall management, internal organization and
discipline of staff and learners are consistent with agreed
policies and procedures.
Teaching & Learning
1. Ensure that high quality standards are set and achieved for
all programmes and promote practices that support learners.
2. Supervise the instructional programs of the Institute,
evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as
duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a
variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent
with the college’s objectives.
3. Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of
instructional materials and equipment and approval.
4. Ensure evaluation of staff and quality of education, training
and services and respond to student’s feedback.
1. Be responsible to the governing taskforce for the preparation
of annual estimates of income and expenditure and the
efficient, effective management of resources in line with
2. Ensure there is proper and effective operation of financial
planning and management controls
3. Ensure continued solvency and good financial health of the
4. Identify and ensure that relevant information systems are in
place to provide timely robust data to support the
management of the Institute.
5. Ensure the assets of the College are maintained in proper
order to avoid deterioration in value.
6. Ensure the repair, stocking of workshops and the library and
maintenance of all the college’s resources and facilities for
promotion of teaching and learning.
Skills & Competencies
Analytical skills, problem solving and implement change with a
successful record of accomplishment.
The ability to communicate AFTTTI’s vision, inspire others to
embrace it and successfully take it forward.
An awareness and understanding of relevant legislation &
regulation as it applies to education.
Display the highest ethical and professional behaviour and
standards when working with students, parents and school
Qualifications & Experience
Master’s Degree level qualification and / or Degree Level
Certification with at least 5 years’ experience in education
management of a technical Institute.
Evidence of training with leadership focus.
Evidence of entrepreneurial skills required in managing a
If this is you we are looking for, please email your application and
resumé to; firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than 5pm on
Friday 27 th September, 2019.