This is a training program for students who wish to pursue acting professionally, and who need the skills required to give natural on-camera performances and prepare for and to give successful auditions. Acting students will participate in regular presentations for the school fraternity, family, friends and talent agents at the end of the program to showcase their talent. A student’s projects will be recorded on DVD for personal review and at the end of the course, all students will have footage each to use when prospecting for jobs.
Key features of the course include:
- Learning the principles and rules of acting
- Learning the vocabulary of film making for actors
- Learning how to become familiarized with the logistics and expectations of performance on a film and TV set.
- Learning how to recognize the differences between film acting, television and stage performance.
- Understanding how to break down a script, understand a scene and analyze characters.
- Learning how to use your voice as an instrument to enhance your craft.
- Learning to work for directors with varying styles on a set.
- Learning how to professionally prepare and present yourself for an audition.
- Understanding the business side of acting.
Course Level: Diploma and Certificate
Intake dates: January, May and September
Mode of study: Full time and Evening classes
REGISTRATION FORM DOWNLOAD
Fill out the details below to be able to download the registration form